Preliminary track map from May 31 tornado outbreak
NORMAN — the National Weather Service in Norman has released a preliminary tornado track map that shows where the multiple tornadoes from Friday’s outbreak began and finished.
This is a preliminary map created from radar circulations; as more specific data is gathered over the weekend by survey crews, this could change slightly.
There were three independent tornadoes on Friday in the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas – although the tracks make it look like a single tornado that missed a few spots. There was one tornado that began near El Reno and ended between Banner and Yukon and then two tornadoes in the South Oklahoma City area.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns