Tornaodes flatten homes in Union City
UNION CITY, Okla. – Immediately after the tornado, News Channel 4 was in Union City where many homes suffered extensive damage.
One couple came from Edmond to help search for residents who may have been trapped.
Yelling for survivors, Erin Cantrell dug through destroyed homes near HWY 81 and S.W. 15th St.
“I cant even imagine,” Cantrell said. “It broke my heart, the thought of Moore and what went there and thinking people and children here could be trapped.”
Cantrell was a Medic in the Army for eight years.
She and her husband, Eric Cantrell, and a family friend searched for people who needed help until after midnight Friday.
The group battled darness and flooded roads littered with debris.
No official damage estimate in Union City as of yet.Submit Your Photo
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him