Red River rout for Sooner softball
Oklahoma’s top-ranked softball team scored ten unanswered runs to run-rule rival Texas 10-2 in 5 innings on Saturday and advance to the semifinals of the Women’s College World Series.
After the Longhorns scored two runs in the top of the 3rd inning, OU responded with a 6-run bottom half of the inning, highlighted by a 4-base, 3-run error by Texas pitcher Kim Bruins that allowed senior Brianna Turang to circle the bases. OU added three runs in the 4th and another in the 5th to complete their 25th run-rule victory of the season, and their 20th game this year to score 10 or more runs.
Oklahoma will play at 8:30 Sunday night, needing a win to advance to the best-of-three finals. If they lose, they’ll play again on Monday for a spot in the finals.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him