Reaping Rewards and Ready for Football
The local chapter of the National Football Foundation held it’s annual awards banquet Thursday night here in the city, and several players and coaches on the high school and college level were honored at the beautiful Jim Thorpe Sports Museum and Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame.
A trio of the honorees included long-time Sooners assistant football coach Bobby Jack Wright, who picked up an award named after current OU Director of Football Operations Merv Johnson. And two players honored included Sooners straight-A senior center Gabe Ikard and Oklahoma State’s sensational senior safety Daytawion Lowe.
The two players are confident in their current ballclubs and what’s ahead for the 2013 football season which kicks off for both the Sooners and Cowboys the day/night of Saturday, August 31st. OSU will meet Mississippi State at 2:30pm inside the NFL’s Reliant Stadium in Houston, while OU will host Louisiana-Monroe that night at 6:00pm on Owen Field in Norman. Listen to both players, starting with Lowe, talk about the upcoming gridiron campaign.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring