Tornadoes damage 56 schools across state
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma School Superintendent Janet Barresi said a total of 56 schools were damaged during the violent storms.
That includes schools in Moore, El Reno, Mid-Del, Crutcho and Moss.
Briarwood and Plaza Towers in Moore were completely blown apart.
All seven schools in El Reno were damaged and major construction will be needed at the Canadian Valley Technology Center in El Reno as well.
She said 22 sites had damage in the Mid-Del district.
The price tag for all the repairs have not yet been announced.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger