Russian runaway brides compete for spa day
NARVA, Estonia – Married and single women from Estonia and parts of Russia put on wedding gowns to take part in the third annual brides race.
After a parade of contestants, the women raced on a 50 meter grass track.
The race organizer said the women were racing to get away from the humdrum of their daily routines.
They ran on the grounds of the Narva castle, a 13th century fort.
One contestant said running in the race brought back nice memories of her wedding.
This year’s winner received a weekend at an Estonian spa for free.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online