Teachers honored as heroes
FORT WORTH — Two of the heroic teachers from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore were honored over the weekend, during the Indy Car race at the Texas Motor Speedway.
Jennifer Simonds and Anna “Sam” Canady were co-grand marshals at Saturday night’s “Firestone 550″ Indy car race.
On May 20th, the teachers used their bodies to shield kindergartners as that monster tornado destroyed everything around them.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him