Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson gets 30 days for spanking attorney
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Former NFL star Chad Johnson was so close to resolving his legal trouble in court Monday.
But, as they say, “almost” only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Johnson was in court for violating probation in a domestic violence case involving his ex-wife.
They were about to reach a plea deal when Johnson gave his attorney a playful, “good game” slap on the butt.
That behavior might be OK in the locker room but Broward County judge Kathleen McHugh was not pleased about it in the courtroom.
The former NFL star’s attorney, Adam Swickle, apologized for his client’s inappropriate behavior but it was too little to late for the judge.
She sentenced Johnson to 30 days in jail and tacked on an extra three months of probation.
The athlete seemed to take it in stride with this tweet.
Love me through the good and the bad because I'm gone love you regardless… See you in 30… 🙏—
Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) June 10, 2013
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse