Okla. Emergency Management director wants shelters in schools
May’s tornadoes have focused attention on the risk for Oklahoma students and teachers who have no place to shelter during severe weather.
Centennial Elementary in Edmond is in the process of constructing a safe room.
Some schools already have shelters or safe rooms.
Should that be a requirement?
Oklahoma Emergency Management director Albert Ashwood said he thinks they should be required.
A fund is raising money for storm shelters in Okla. schools.
For more information, visit ShelterOklahomaSchools.org.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him