Red Cross needs more volunteers in wake of tornadoes
These people were fortunate enough not to loose everything, but while they cleaned up the mess with all water shut off in Moore, they said they had been waiting hours for someone to bring water.... -located in neighborhood behind Warren Theater Photo by Joshua Mikeska
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Red Cross is asking for more volunteers in the wake of the recent tornadoes.
They need help in the Multi-Agency Resource Centers.
Crews said there was a surge of volunteers following the tornadoes but many have gone home.
Volunteers in the Multi-Agency Resource Centers will act as greeters, guides and assistants to individuals and families coming in to meet with the Red Cross and other partner agencies.
The Red Cross is also in need of volunteers to help with casework data entry.
Due to the nature of this job, basic computer skills and knowledge are required.
Also, a cleared background check is required.
There are a number of shifts available over the next two weeks.
Want to volunteer? Register ONLINE here.
Those interested can also call (571) 205-3266 for more information.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger