Search continues for missing swimmer in Deep Fork River
OKLAHOMA CITY – For a second agonizing day search crews were unable to find the body of a man who disappeared in the Deep Fork River.
A 28-year-old man jumped into the water Monday afternoon and never resurfaced.
Search crews were focusing their efforts in an area known as Bullhead Falls.
“It’s a whirlpool,” Luther resident Mike Collins said. “Anything that goes in there, it will pull it down.”
The flow of water from Arcadia Lake had been suspended Monday night in order to help the recovery effort and lower the water level in the river.
Authorities have not released the name of the victim.
The search will resume Wednesday morning.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns