Disaster declaration extended for Canadian Co. storms
EL RENO, Okla. – The White House has approved Gov. Fallin’s request to extend the disaster declaration for the state.
The declaration will now allow families and businesses that suffered damage from May 29 to June 2 to apply for federal assistance as well as those affected May 19 on.
In addition to the extended time period, Canadian County has also been added to the list of places eligible for help.
FEMA officials said the agency has already provided more than $5 million to residents who suffered extensive damage during the first round of storms on May 19 and May 20.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him