Oklahoma Watches and Warnings
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Pets perish in southside house fire

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma City couple wakes up to the smell of smoke as their home burns. Oklahoma City fire crews rushed to the scene.

The house caught fire near the 800 block of S.E. 70th Street near Crossroads Mall. According to fire officials the fire broke out sometime after 2:00 this morning.

Both residents were able to escape the house without injury; however the owners had a group of Chihuahuas. Authorities say at least three survived, but a few were unable to make it out of the burning home.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction