Thousand of pounds of beef jerky recalled
EUFAULA, Ala. – A popular treat that is a favorite among people on the go is now being recalled because of misbranding and an undeclared allergen.
Hickory Hollow Jerky, LLC, is recalling 1,800 pounds of flavored beef jerky products because they contain Worcestershire sauce and fish is a subcomponent.
Fish is a known allergen but was not declared on the product label.
The products covered under the recall include:
- 3 oz. Original Recipe “Hickory Hollow Beef Jerky” with the establishment number “EST 34550.”
- 3 oz. Sweet Heat BBQ “Hickory Hollow Beef Jerky” with the establishment number “EST 34550.”
- 3 oz. Hot Shot “Hickory Hollow Beef Jerky” bearing the establishment number “EST 34550.”
The products were created on various dates between Dec. 4, 2012 and June 4, 2013 and were sold nationwide.
So far, the company has not received any complaints of adverse reactions.
Anyone who is concerned about a reaction should call their healthcare provider.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online