Medical Examiner confirms child as latest tornado death
OKLAHOMA CITY– The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office is releasing new information about the victims from the latest round of severe storms.
Authorities say they can now confirm 22 fatalities from the May 31 tornadoes and storms.
Officials with the medical examiner say eight of those victims are children and 14 are adults.
The latest victim is 4-year-old Destiny Love Shrum.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department says her body was found on the Oklahoma River Wednesday.
At this time, the cause of death is pending.
For more information, refresh this page and stay tuned to NewsChannel 4 throughout the afternoon.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'