Bridal shop providing free gowns to military brides
OKLAHOMA CITY — Courtney Hedrick, store manager at Impression Bridal in Oklahoma City is supporting an organization called “Brides Across America” by allowing military brides to shop for a free designer bridal gown. Brides Across America is a non-profit organization whose commitment is to support our troops and veterans.
This year will be the 7th annual bridal gown giveaway at salons nationwide. Impression Bridal will be the only location in the state of Oklahoma participating in this event. Brides Across America has donated over 7,000 wedding gowns from prominent designers. The gowns donated for Brides Across America are valued between $500 and $4,000 and range in many different sizes. Impression Bridal is hosting the Brides Across America event on July 9th 2013, from 11 A.M. to 8 P.M.
Brides Across America gives military brides a chance to choose from a designer gown, which may not have been possible for their special day, due to economic conditions. This organization has recently been honored by Joining Forces program, a national initiative to support and honor America’s troops and their families, and was launched by First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden. Brides Across America has also received national recognition from NBC’s “Making a Difference”. Since 2007, Brides Across America and its partners have made a difference in the lives of many military brides and is still growing.
How to qualify to be a candidate for Brides Across America is as follows:
• You must be engaged or had a civil ceremony and planning a wedding within the next 18 months.
• You or your fiancé were deployed within the past 5 years to Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, Libya, Kuwait and Japan and have not had a formal wedding.
• You or your finance will be deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, Qatar, Libya, Bahrain, Kuwait and Japan.
• All military brides must bring their driver’s license or their military ID for verification.
• Qualifying proof must accompany the bride on day of event:
o Copy of deployment papers for bride or their Fiancé that states the time of deployment and location.
I would love to speak with you more about this event and how we can get the word out to brides across the state. Feel free to call me at the store at 405-752-0200 or you can also reach me by email.
For more information about the organization itself, you can visit www.bridesacrossamerica.com.