UPDATE: Chrysler agrees to recall 3 million Jeeps
The Chrysler group has agreed to recall nearly 3 million Jeeps after a request from the government.
They are recalling Jeep Grand Cherokees from 1993 to 2004 and Jeep Liberty SUVs from 2002 to 2007.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said over 50 people have died from fiery crashes.
Last week, Chrysler stated it would not comply with the recall demand, arguing the vehicles are safe.
The car company said dealers will inspect the recalled vehicles and upgrade the rear structure if necessary.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'