Man to be executed for elderly couple’s murder
POTEAU, Okla. – A man convicted of murdering an elderly couple in Le Flore County is to be executed Tuesday.
A Jury found 36-year-old James DeRosa guilty of stabbing to death 73-year-old Curtis Plummer and his 70-year-old wife, Gloria.
He was sentenced to death.
Last month the Pardon and Parole Board voted to follow through with the execution.
Prosecutors said DeRosa and another man talked their way into the elderly couple’s home in Poteau in Oct. 2000.
The other defendant testified against DeRosa in exchange for a lesser charge of life in prison.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'