Okla. golfers near lead in women’s amateur championship
NORMAN, Okla. – Three college golfers from Oklahoma are near the lead after one round of stroke play at the U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club in Norman.
OU junior Anne-Catherine Tanguay is just one shot behind the co-leaders after firing a 3-under par 69.
OSU’s Julie Yang is two shots back after a 70, and OU’s Chirapat Jao-Javanil is four shots back after a 72.
Annie Park and Doris Chen are the co-leaders after shooting 68.
Tuesday features the final day of stroke play, before the top 64 golfers move on to match play starting on Wednesday.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online