Arcadia Lake reopens for summer after flooding
EDMOND, Okla. – Summer officially starts Friday and Arcadia Lake is opening just in time.
The parks have been closed since early June because of the heavy rainfall and flooding.
Wednesday morning all four public parks were reopened for everyone to enjoy.
If you plan to visit the lake, officials ask you to use extreme caution.
Lake levels are still about three feet above normal water elevation.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger