DA: Officer’s use of force ‘heroic and justified’ in MWC
MIDWEST CITY, Okla. – Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater is calling an officer’s actions “heroic and justified” after a man threatened to take a child’s life.
Officials said the man, 37-year-old Sammie Lamont Wallace, showed he intended to hurt or kill the 2-year-old child.
According to authorities, Huff shot Wallace in the head after he grabbed the girl from her mother’s shopping cart and held a knife to her.
Officers said Wallace had no apparent connection with the child and her mother.
Prater also stated in the letter that Capt. Huff delayed his use of deadly force until Wallace gave him no other option.
The district attorney said he determined the use of deadly force was lawful and justified in this case so no legal action from his office is warranted.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him