Free HIV, hepatitis testing ends for Tulsa dentist’s former patients
TULSA, Okla. – Health officials said the deadline for former patients of dentist Dr. Scott Harrington to get free hepatitis and HIV testing is Friday.
Back in March the State Health Dept. suggested the dentist’s patients get tested for hepatitis B and C and HIV after finding unsanitary conditions in Dr. Harrington’s office.
So far, more than 4,000 people have been tested/
More than 70 former patients have tested positive for hepatitis C, a handful for hepatitis B and less than five for HIV.
It is not certain the diseases were spread through the dental clinic but officials said it is a possibility.
They said it will likely take months to complete their investigation.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse