Pres. Obama designates Oklahoma student ‘missing patriot’
August Reiger, Okla. student missing in Ecuador
Baños, Ecuador – President Barack Obama has been briefed on the Oklahoma student missing in Ecuador. He has now designated 18-year-old August Reiger a “missing patriot.”
The teen recently graduated from Classen School of Advanced Studies and was headed to OU on a full scholarship to study anthropology in the fall. He was on vacation with his parents and brother in the South American city of Baños in Ecuador.
Reiger disappeared while hiking with his family on a trail officials said was clearly visible from the hotel. His family stayed in the city to search for him and two more relatives will join the efforts Monday.
A police unit has also been dedicated to this case.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger