Spencer bridge to remain closed
SPENCER- Detour signs remain up in an area of Spencer hit hard by last month’s flooding. A portion of Spencer Road near N.E. 47th Street is breaking apart and needs to be repaired. The small bridge is over Silver Creek; which flooded last month.
“I would hate for the bridge to give out because somebody was a little impatient or didn’t want to be inconvenienced,” resident Harriett Gurley said.
The city wants to remodel the drainage crossing to prevent future flooding. The city manager said they want to widen the opening under the road so more water can pass through. The price tag of the project is $472,000, according to the city.
The city is in the process of finding the funds to pay for the project. It is unclear when the road will be fixed, but until then, it will remain closed.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger