Cameras roll as thieves make off with nearly $1 million in watches
ATLANTA, GA — Police said they are looking for suspects from a brazen smash and grab theft at Mayors Jewelry Store in Lenox Square Mall Friday.
They said that at about 6:30 p.m. Friday, five to six males came into the store with sledge hammers and smashed the tops of the display cases and made off with a total of 17 Rolex watches valued at about $940,000.
According to an Atlanta police report, one sales representative said one of the suspects came in, and when she asked him if she could help him, he pulled a sledge hammer from out of his pants and proceeded to smash the display case.
Video surveillance images show five suspects inside the store smashing the display case and running off, with a uniformed security guard in pursuit. The police report said a sixth suspect was outside the store, acting as a lookout.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom