Yukon landmark gets amazing facelift
YYUKON- A new 55-foot-high neon sign was unveiled at a historic Route 66 landmark Friday night. The city of Yukon flipped the switch on the new “Yukon’s Best Flour” sign at the old flour mill.
Hundreds gathered to watch the re-lighting ceremony at 10 West Main in Yukon. The new sign replaces the old one which was built in the early 1900′s. The sign is 55 feet high and 42 feet wide.
The Friends of Yukon’s Best organization raised the $140,000 to replace the original sign. An additional $40,000 will be used to maintain the new sign.
It’s at 429 W. Main St. in Yukon.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him