Swim lessons may save your child’s life
EMSA said they have responded to 11 near-drowning calls since May 1.
To protect children, experts strongly recommend putting barriers around any type of water.
They suggest pool alarms and to always having flotation devices and cell phones nearby.
Emergency officials said all these precautions can help but one thing can save your child’s life when you aren’t around; swimming lessons.
Authorities said kids who learn to swim early in life can reduce their drowning risk by 88 percent.
Swimming experts said children as young as six months can start taking lessons.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns