Dozens dead, hundreds injured in Indonesia 6.2 quake
INDONESIA – A deadly earthquake rocked the northern tip of Indonesia’s Sumatra Island overnight.
The 6.2 magnitude quake has killed 22 people so far and more than 200 are injured.
Rescuers are still working to reach people stuck in the rubble.
Thousands of buildings across the area were damaged.
At least two aftershocks, magnitude 5.2 and 5.3, followed the first tremor.
This is the same area a 9.1 magnitude quake hit in 2004, killing 200,000 people.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online