Too stressed? Time for the treadmill
You may be familiar with the ‘runner’s high’ but a new study has found that exercise can also calm you down.
The study by Princeton University looked at the different brain cells of mice during exercise.
Researchers discovered those who exercised on a running wheel created new brain cells that could think fast and remember, along with others that released soothing neurotransmitters.
As a result, the mice who exercised were calmer and more confident, even in highly stressful situations.
Experts believe the same thing may be true for humans.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him