Military bases forgo fireworks thanks to budget cuts
A handful of U.S. military bases will not have fireworks this July 4 thanks to budget cuts.
Last year’s fireworks display at North Carolina’s Camp Lejeune cost about $100,000 for materials and personnel expenses.
The base commander said the money they’re saving will help address other financial challenges.
Activities like pool parties and concerts will be offered as alternatives.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors