Moore residents asking your help to be “America’s Favorite Park”
MOORE, Okla. – The city of Moore is trying to win $100,000 to help rebuild Veterans Memorial Park.
The city is participating in a nationwide contest searching for “America’s Favorite Park,” sponsored by Coca-Cola.
During the July 4 celebration at Buck Thomas Park in Moore, volunteers helped residents vote for the park.
As of Thursday night, Veterans Memorial Park was in first place.
The park was damaged in the May 20 tornado.
The contest ends July 15 and the winner will be announced in August.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'