Frugal Friday: Freedom, fireworks, concerts, festivals, food
July 4 is over but that doesn’t mean you have to stop celebrating the freedom of our great nation!
This weekend is packed with free fun to help you do it.
Free outdoor music festival
Friday 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Lower Bricktown Plaza
115 E. Reno
Free fishing clinic for children ages 5 to 15
Saturday 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Edwards Park Lake
1515 N. Bryant
Make a reservation
Free annual children’s festival with historical “living village,” reenactors and storytelling
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Chickasaw Cultural Center
867 Cooper Memorial Dr.
Sulphur, OK 73086
Admission, snacks, shows and rides are all just $1 each
Wednesdays from July – August
2101 N.E. 50th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him