Former OSU football great “swings from the heart” in Edmond
EDMOND, OK – Cleveland Brown’s quarterback and former OSU QB great, Brandon Weeden, and a large group of golfers hit the links for a good cause.
It was Brandon Weeden’s annual Swing From The Heart Golf Challenge at Oak Tree National in Edmond.
Weeden said it’s not only a fun day but an important one for him.
“Our ultimate goal is to bring a specialized surgeon to Oklahoma City and it’s something that’s near and dear to my heart and when you see Gavin running around here, you’ll see why,” Weeden said. ” He’s a special kid, very inspirational and it’s something I’m very passionate about.”
One of the beneficiaries of Swing From The Heart is a tough 8-year-old boy named from Oklahoma named Gavin. He’s had four open-heart surgeries but that didn’t stop him from stepping out onto the course to play some golf.
He’s become a good friend of Weeden and said he knows how much Weeden has done to help him and children like him.
“He’s been helping me like other kids just like my heart condition and he wants to do a foundation for me,” Gavin said.Submit Your Photo
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him