Obama considering complete withdrawal from Afghanistan
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan– President Obama announced that he is seriously considering withdrawing all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
A New York Times article reported that the White House is looking at speeding up the troop withdrawal to the “zero option,” which means there would be no troops left in the country.
Until now, U.S. and Afghan officials had been discussing plans to keep a small force behind to fight insurgents and to train Afghan security personnel.
However, the president has grown increasingly frustrated with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger