Studies battle it out over whether OKC is fit or fat
OKLAHOMA CITY– Two surveys were released with Oklahoma City making it into the top ten.
However, the results have some people scratching their heads.
Sharecare’s RealAge Test ranked Oklahoma City as number 6 in the “Top 10 Cities for Red Meat Lovers.”
Sharecare says, “Home to one of the largest livestock markets in the world, it’s no surprise that Oklahoma City ranks high on our list. Residents here love their meat, but aren’t too keen on eating vegetables, fruits or whole grains, which contributes to high rates of hypertension and cholesterol.”
The same company says Oklahoma City ranks 4th in the “Top Cities for Aging.”
That wasn’t the only study to focus on Oklahoma’s weight issues.
According to a study by Facebook, Oklahoma City ranks number eight on “Facebook’s Fittest Cities” list.
Organizers of that survey say they studied fitness related mentions on social media, including check ins and use of fitness apps in cities with at least 200,000 Facebook users to determine their top picks.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring