Tulsa trooper attacked during traffic stop
TULSA, Okla.– A traffic stop in Tulsa turns violent when a suspect attempts to fight a trooper.
Authorities say an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper pulled over a driver in Tulsa for an issue with a car tag.
Although the car pulled over, a passenger fled the scene when the officer began to walk toward the car.
As the trooper was arresting the driver, the man attacked him and a struggle ensued.
We’re told the suspect tried to take the trooper’s gun from his holster.
The officer was able to break away and shoot the suspect once.
The driver then jumped back into the car and sped away.
The trooper was unable to continue the pursuit due to minor injuries during the fight.
About 30 minutes later, Tulsa police received a call about a shooting victim at a hotel.
The suspect was taken from the hotel to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger