E. coli forces water boil in Kay County
BLACKWELL, Okla. – Parts of Kay County are under a water boil after E. coli was found in the water.
Residents should boil water for at least a full minute before drinking, using to prepare food, brushing your teeth or bathing infants.
The water boil affects Blackwell Rural Water Corp. customers only.
This does NOT affect the cities of Blackwell, Tonkawa, Deer Creek or Peckham.
Officials said they hope to resolve the issue within the next few days.
They will notify residents when the water is safe to drink again.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'