Traffic delays continue on I-35 after semi fire
NORMAN, Okla. – Highway lanes are still shut down Thursday after a semi fire Wednesday in north Norman.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation said drivers should continue to expect delays.
I-35 is narrowed to one lane northbound from 9 a.m. to noon for crews to make repairs.
Officials said the driver for Blue Texas Thunder out of Mesquite, Texas, was hauling highway striping paint made from acid.
They said that posed an immediate threat to anyone in a half-mile radius.
Four businesses and a church were evacuated.
No injuries were reported after the accident.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring