Lions Club provides free ‘shopping’ event for storm victims
A tree damaged by the tornado.
OKLAHOMA CITY- Victims of the May storms are still trying to get life back to normal and one local group is hoping to give those victims a little help for free.
The Lions of Oklahoma is allowing victims to “shop” their shelves for free on Saturday, July 13 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Organizers say victims may get non-perishable food items, personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies, household items, bedding, clothes and a few other things at no charge.
All items will be given on first-come, first-served basis.
All recipients will need to fill out an application form on-site and show a photo ID.
The Oklahoma Lions State Office is located at 4123 N.W. 10th St. in Oklahoma City.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him