Officer-involved shooting kills one at OKC rap concert
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man is dead following an officer-involved shooting in OKC overnight.
Two officers were patrolling an area near Exchange and Klein Ave. during a rap concert where the shooting happened.
After 10 p.m. Thursday, the two officers found 24-year-old Brian Simms Jr.passed out inside a car.
Police said they noticed a gun in the waistband of the man’s pants.
Officers asked Simms to put away the gun but he didn’t listen, causing the officer to use deadly force.
The officer who fired the fatal shot is on paid leave during the investigation.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online