School immunizations in full swing this summer
OKLAHOMA CITY– Many families have their children’s school supply lists in hand but are putting off getting those back-to-school immunizations.
Most children entering kindergarten will need the following required vaccines:
- Second dose of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine)
- 4th dose of polio
- 5th dose of DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccines)
- 2nd dose of Varicella (recommended)
Students entering 7th grade are required to have a Tdap booster shot.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health also encourages parents to consider the following two vaccines for their preteens and teens:
- HPV (human papillomavirus virus vaccine)
- MCV4 (meningococcal virus vaccine)
For more information on immunization clinics, visit the Oklahoma City-County Health Department’s website.
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car