Teen drowns trying to save friends in Keystone Lake
SAND SPRINGS, Okla. – A teen died at Keystone Lake trying to keep his friend from drowning.
Three teens were in the lake and one said she didn’t know how to swim.
She got in the lake anyway, riding on the shoulders of another girl.
The girl carrying her stepped into a drop off and both girls went under.
The third teen, an 18-year-old boy, was trying to help them when he went under and never came back up.
The body of Brendan Earl was recovered just after 8 p.m. Thursday.
Bystanders were able to pull the two girls from the water; one had to be resuscitated.
Both girls are in the hospital Friday.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger