Postal workers track down owner of envelope full of cash
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — A working college student was shocked when the U.S. Postal Service returned the $400 she’d accidentally placed in the mail, and they did it in only a few days.
“I just kissed it goodbye,” said Betsy Holmes. “I kind of kicked myself for it. I was in a rush.”
The $400 was for a new laptop computer. Holmes placed the cash in an envelope she got from work and wrote “deposit” on the outside.
On the way to the bank, she stopped by a post office drop box.
That’s where everything went wrong.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns