Pregnant mother killed in accident on turnpike
MCCLAIN COUNTY, Okla. – A pregnant woman was killed in a car accident on the H.E. Baily Turnpike over the weekend.
Authorities have now identified her as 25-year-old Eva Heide of La Mesa, Texas.
She was one of two people ejected from a vehicle during this crash in McClain County.
Troopers said a Dodge truck made an unsafe lane change into the path of a Chevy HHR.
The vehicles collided sending the truck crashing into a bridge, then rolling.
Heide, who was seven months pregnant, was thrown from the truck and then hit by another vehicle.
Troopers said she and her unborn child were pronounced dead on the scene.
Two others were taken to the hospital in serious condition.
According to the police report, the mother and other victim ejected from the truck were not wearing seat belts.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger