Veteran’s Memorial Park leading in final day of contest voting
MOORE, Okla.– As families in Moore are starting to rebuild, a local park is patiently waiting to see if it will have its chance at a facelift.
The May 20 tornado destroyed the pavilion and playground of Veteran’s Park in Moore.
Downed tree limbs and other debris crowded the walking trails and made it unsafe for visitors.
The park got another chance at a beautiful future through Coca-Cola’s “Take it to the Park” contest.
The winner of the contest will receive a $100,000 grant from the company.
Residents are encouraged to vote as Monday, July 15 is the final day of the competition.
It closes at 11:59 p.m.
Currently, Veteran’s Park is in the lead but Mason Neck State Park in Virginia is not far behind.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger