4 Your Pets: Summer care advice
In today’s 4 Your Pet segment summer time issues that can make your cat or dog miserable. We all love our pets until they show up covered in fleas or smelling like a skunk.
Summer provides lots of opportunities to get outside with our pet, and today we’re talking about the unwanted consequences of that.
Dr. Aaron Heintz with the Wedgewood Pet Clinic set down with Linda Cavanaugh in our studios to address some of the summer time pet care issues.
He spoke about health issues associated with the West Nile virus which is really an issue with horses.
Many pets that venture outdoors, as many Oklahoma dogs do, can show up with a muzzle full of porcupine quills. If it’s severe it’s probably a job for a vet.
Here is a video the doctor recommends in dealing with ticks and fleas:
Check back to kfor.com and watch NewsChannel 4 for new information on this story.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger