June breaks weather records across country
June was a weather record-breaking month across the country, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center (NCDC).
That includes wildfires, heat and rainfall.
Nationally, the average precipitation total was about 3.43 inches last month.
NCDC officials said it was the 13 wettest June on record in the U.S.
From Georgia to Maine, 18 states posted record rain totals.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger