Winds and rain causing tree and fence damage in the metro
Severe weather blew through the metro Tuesday evening and left some neighborhoods a mess. Several trees uprooted near Ski Island in the Hefner and Rockwell area. Katie Seymour was in her truck, in the driveway, when it toppled.
“The storm knocked down the tree. I guess the wind just blew it over. It hit our truck and I was in it when it fell and hit the truck.”
In this same area, the signs for Taco Bell and Freddy’s were ripped from their posts and blown a block away.
No injuries were reported.
Rain chances will be the highest in Western Oklahoma today as our storm system slowly pushes west. This is great news for Western Oklahoma, still under drought status.
Many viewers and visitors have sent in photos of wind and rain damage in many parts of the metro area:
We will dry out and warm up for the second half of the week returning summer temps to the Sooner state by Friday. Enjoy the cooler temps and beneficial rain!Submit Your Photo
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich