“Project Meet the Need” helps Moore teachers get ready for class
MOORE, Okla.– It’s almost time for the little ones to head back to class but what about those students and teachers from Moore?
There’s a new venture to help provide teachers that were affected by the May storms with badly-needed classroom supplies.
In some of the schools, teachers lost everything to the storms including books, teaching materials and art supplies.
Oklahoma State Superintendent Janet Barresi stopped by our studios with the latest on “Project Meet the Need,” which she helped launch Thursday.
Donations are being accepted at the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s Oliver Hodge building from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the week.
Teachers and administrators with needs should contact the Department of Education.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse