‘Win a Fishing Trip with Emily Sutton’ Contest
This contest ends August 2nd at midnight! Let’s go fishing! Emily Sutton loves to fish and we are giving you a chance to go fishing with her. Watch NewsChannel 4 at 6:00 am weekdays to find out more. One lucky winner will win a fishing trip with our NewsChannel 4 meteorologist Emily Sutton.
There is a catch (get it?). You will need to send us a photo of you fishing, holding a fish, or in the great outdoors.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
KFOR NewsChannel 4 will conduct the Contest (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
This Contest, and all Contest material, is © 2013 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Only one (1) winner and only one (1) prize per household for the Participant(s) and winner(s) must be legal US residents at least 18 years old as determined by KFOR and reside in the Oklahoma City Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. KFOR reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Winners are subject to verification by KAUT of the winner’s name, age, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and Social Security number. If a winner is disqualified, KFOR reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Employees of KAUT/KFOR, Local TV LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related.
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Contest Period: July 22nd, 2013 through August 2nd, 2013. Winners will be picked and notified by August 9th, 2013. Online entry can be found only at KFOR.com. KFOR reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry and Winner Notification: Viewers may register at KFOR.com to enter at any time during the Contest Period. All entries become the property of KFOR. Winners will be notified by mail, email or telephone.
4. Prizes and Redemption of Prizes:
Grand Prize: Go on a short fishing trip with Meteorologist Emily Sutton (no more than two hours or so). Location to be announced but will be somewhere in Oklahoma.
Second Place: 32 Inch HDTV
Third Place: Camping Equipment, A Tent, 2 Poles, and a Cooler
Redemption of Prizes: Time sensitive prizes will not be subject to the 30 day period. Each winner has thirty (30) days (Unless prizes are time sensitive) after notification to acknowledge notification and to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the offices of KAUT / KFOR at 444 East Britton Road, OKC, OK 73114 during normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm CT). Winners must present valid photo identification. In the event that a winner requests that a prize or prize certificate be mailed to the winner, he or she must provide prior written consent and must assume the risk of its arrival. KAUT / KFOR are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
5. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: All prizes are not transferable or assignable. No substitution allowed except by KFOR, which may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. You must be over 18 years or older to enter.
6. Release: Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against KFOR, its employees and agents, the Contest sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by KFOR. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to use of his or her name, state of residence, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online, for broadcast, and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Contest, without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
7. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: KFOR disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond KFOR’s control, or otherwise. KFOR disclaims all liability for any delays, miss-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. KFOR is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, or traffic congestion on telephone lines, or Internet connection which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, INTERNET, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST.
8. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: KFOR/KAUT, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm CST).
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KFOR, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive a 1099 form from KFOR at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide KFOR with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: KFOR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in KFOR’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest shall be disqualified. KFOR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. KFOR and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of KFOR or KAUT, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KFOR or KAUT, Local TV, LLC, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the giveaway or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by the KAUT due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
All entrants agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Oklahoma. All courts of Oklahoma shall govern this Contest, without regard to Oklahoma’s choice of law rules. The courts of Oklahoma shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR’s business offices. Written copies of these rules are also available during normal business hours at the business offices of KFOR/KAUT at 444 East Britton Road, OKC, OK 73114 or online at http://www.kfor.com.
14. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. KFOR/KAUT shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom